Friday, April 22, 2011

Riding the Wave

by 8RG:

So, I have written to some of the programing folks at places such as HBO and Showtime with the suggestion that they consider developing some gritty Asian dramas in the vein of 'Rome', 'Deadwood', 'The Tudors' and 'Carnivale'. I've mentioned that they could catch this wave early and ride it a while... giving lots of examples of growing Asian interest.

Though it won't benefit me personally on the immediate level since I no longer have a television service at all (poverty does indeed quite suck), they usually release these later on DVD, and over time I can purchase them to show support.

There's a wide open world of plot lines out there from Asian mythologies and histories - or even the modern world. I am hoping fervently that they'll bite - not only because it will open more doors for Asian programing in the mainstream if they do a good job with it, and provide steady work for a large number of Asian actors (along with writers, directors and other support staff, possibly) - but also because I just want to see it myself.

Yes... I really want to see it myself. I am thoroughly hungry for it because I did love most of the gritty dramas already mentioned above. I have hopes that they can recreate that same energy with Asian subjects.

*crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment